Somewhere a massive switch has been flicked. (Well, here in the UK anyway). Summer, off. Autumn, on.
So, instead of putting the heating on here’s a look at some of the new season’s trends according to the UK glossies. For each trend, there’s a snapshot of the magazine’s take on the trend and then some eco or ethical equivalents. Hope it offers some inspiration or at least takes the legwork out of finding stylish feel-good fashion.
Starting off with the sparkliest route to lift the spirits. A fun mix of metallics, surreal prints and an occasional astronaut orbiting a planet. Inspired by Karl Lagerfeld creating his own space station for Chanel at Paris Fashion Week.
Looooove the bronze metallic tee by Fair + True.
Here are links to each of the items in our Stargazer look book (starting top left, and working clockwise):
- Della LA, Hourglass Maxi Skirt, $44,Hand dyed & hand made in Ghana
- Fair + True Unique, Metallic Tee, £60, Fairtrade
- Monki, Cosmic Space Ruffle Top, £20, Made from recycled polyester
- Soul Daze Collection, Ava Wrap Dress, €110, Designed & made in Italy in vintage fabric
- KIND Jewellery, Crescent Lune Mini Disc, From £265, Handmade in London
- Beyond Skin, Archie B Petrol Faux Snake Block Heels, £135, PETA approved vegan & handmade in Spain
- Osei Duro, Linter Astronomy Dress, £100 / $160, Fair trade
2. Chintz Prints
A slightly warmer take on the beautiful, floaty Summer florals. A long sleeve or layering in place of thin straps and the lightest of fabrics. Quoting Hilary Alexander “…be sure to choose form-fitting shapes from the waist up, as any excess of fabric sails too close to curtain territory“. Nobody wants to look like an aging sofa.
That Beautiful Soul dress is spectacular. Just need a special occasion to justify it.
Here are links to each of the items in our Chintz Prints look book (starting top left, and working clockwise):
- People Tree, V&A Tulip Print Jumpsuit, £125, 100% Tencel
- Mirabelle, Freshwater Pearl Earrings, £48, Fair trade
- Komodo, JAMILI Blouse, £30, Sustainable and ethical brand
- Monsoon, Sabine Printed Cross Body Bag, £29, Made to Monsoon’s ethical trading standards
- Reformation, Camila top, $128, 1 Gal of water was saved when making this top
- Beautiful Soul London, Mikka Dress, £650, Designed and made in England
- Nancy Dee, Sophie Cherry Blossom Print, £29, 100% cotton, made in the UK
That’s it for now. Let us know what you think.